As a ClickView Administrator, you will be able to edit a video's metadata to ensure that it is appropriate for your school library. Chapters are an item within the metadata that will allow you to accurately divide a video into shorter timeframes, maybe bite sized videos to cover multiple topics across numerous lessons.
Please note - Chapter information can only be added to videos that have been directly added to Library Editor.
To Add, Delete and Merge Chapters you must first access the Library Editor:
1. Select your profile from the top right-hand corner of the screen, and select 'Library Editor' from the drop-down menu:
2. Navigate to the chosen video within Library Editor and click on the ‘Edit’ icon denoted by a pencil icon:
3. Select the ‘Chapters’ section from the options presented on top of the selected video title:
4. You should now be presented with this screen where you can add, delete and merge chapters
1. Set a name for the chapter you would like to add inside the 'Chapter Name' field:
2. The ‘Start Time’ field will assign a time stamp for the beginning of a chapter, and it’s end time will be the beginning of the next chapter. The up and down arrows can be used for adjusting the time stamps to the precise minute or second for the chapter duration. The initial chapter will start at 0 so you will need to set the end time. In this example, we have a 30 second clip so we're creating two 15 second chapters:
3. Once you are satisfied with the chapter name and chapter time stamp, press the "+ Add Chapter" button to create the chapter:
4. The chapters will be then displayed on the right-hand-side on the video preview:
- To delete a chapter, simply click the bin icon next to the particular chapter within the chapter list:
NOTE: This does not delete the section of video
- To merge a chapter with another, simply delete the chapter that you would like to merge, and the subsequent chapter will encompass the chapter that was deleted:
In this example, the 'Introduction' runs from 0 seconds to 15 seconds; 'Chapter 1' runs from 15 seconds to 16 seconds; 'Chapter 2' runs from 16 seconds to 23 seconds; and 'Chapter 3' runs from 23 seconds until the end of the video.
Deleting 'Chapter 1' will merge that chapter time into the previous chapter. This means that the 'Introduction will run from 0 to 16 seconds; Chapter 2 remains as 16 seconds to 23 seconds, and 'Chapter 3' remains as 23 seconds until the end of the video.