What is Access Settings?
Access Settings gives you the option to configure how teachers join the school's ClickView. This includes allowing teachers to invite colleagues, teachers to submit access requests, and even automating the account creation process. This enables teachers to effortlessly and seamlessly have their accounts created and get started with their ClickView journey.
Where to locate the Access Settings?
To access and configure the access settings:
- Click on your profile name located at the top right from the dropdown menu, pick "Settings."
- In the "User Management" section, click on "Access settings."
Managing Access Settings
Once you're in the Access Settings, you'll discover three different menu options that you can adjust to set up the different options on how teachers can join the school's ClickView:
As displayed in the image above, there are three available options for how staff members can request access to the school's ClickView:
- 'No one can request to join your school' - This setting prevents teachers from submitting requests to join the school, essentially disabling the feature. Users attempting to log in will be directed to contact their school ClickView admin for access assistance.
- 'Allow teachers with a specific email address to request to join your school' - This option enables Staff members with email addresses falling within specific domains designated by a ClickView admin to request access.
*Please note that common email domains like Gmail or Outlook cannot be used to prevent non-school users from joining.*
- 'Allow any teacher to request to join your school' - With this option, there are no restrictions on the type of email address used. Staff members are free to send a request to ClickView admins to become a part of the school's ClickView.
Once this has been setup to your preference and needs of the school, staff can request access to ClickView by selecting the 'Sign up for free' button on the top right of the ClickView page:
They will then be guided through quick and simple steps activate their ClickView account via an email sent to them, and once completed they'll receive the following message:
You will receive notifications for these requests, which can be accessed by clicking the bell icon next to your name.
All access requests can also be viewed within the Staff Management Page, specifically under the 'Access requests' tab which can also be accessed by clicking the 'Requests to join your school can be managed here.' link:
Once a ClickView admin gives their approval, the teacher will receive an email notification informing them that their access has been granted:
Toggling on this option grants teachers the ability to invite their colleagues to join ClickView.
Once enabled, staff members can invite their colleagues by following these steps:
- Click on their own name located at the top right corner and choose the 'Invite a colleague' option:
- Complete the fields 'First name' and 'Work email address,' and then proceed by clicking the 'Send invite' button.
Alternatively, you can also share the invitation link found at the bottom of the pop-up window.
Once an invitation is sent, invitees will automatically receive an activation email that guides them through the process of setting up their account.
In the automatic access menu, you will have the ability to enable teachers to join the school themselves without having to request ClickView admins for manual approval. You will be notified whenever teachers become part of your institution.
To use this feature, simply select the 'Allow teachers with specific email addresses to automatically join your school' option, you can then input the relevant school-specific email domains authorising any teacher with that email address to access ClickView.
Please note generic email domains like Gmail or Outlook, among others cannot be used to prevent non-school users from joining.
After adding the preferred school domain, staff can request access to ClickView by selecting the 'Sign up for free' button on the top right of the ClickView page:
They will then be guided through quick and simple steps to receive an email to activate their ClickView account.
When the "No Access Requests Allowed" option is chosen, this prevents anyone from automatically joining the school, and teachers are instructed to get in touch with a ClickView admin to request access.