The ClickView Cloud Video Editor main screen provides the tools required to edit your program.
Cloud Editor Controls
- Player preview screen – this is where your video plays.
- Trimming bar (dark blue) – this bar represents the entire unedited video from start to end. In the example above it is already trimmed 5 mins from the start and end of the video. This is because the recordings start and end 5 minutes before and after the scheduled time to allow for over run.
- Editing bar (light blue) – where breaks are placed to create chapters.
- Time bar – indicates the time point within the program
- Insert break and delete break buttons – adds and deletes break points or chapters.
- Fast Forward/Rewind/Play/Pause buttons – allows you to control your program and move up and down the blue editing bar within the program in increments of +0.5, +1, +10 or +60 seconds or -0.5, -1, -10 or -60 seconds.
- Volume control
- Keystroke editing shortcuts – buttons on your keyboard have been mapped to replicate the +0.5, +1, +10, +60 seconds or -0.5, -1, -10, -60 second editing buttons on the screen. This method is generally considered a faster way to edit.
- High Precision Mode – Allows for higher accuracy of the break points
- Description – information on the program automatically provided by 'TV'. This can be edited and added to.
- Rating – this allows you to set a rating for the video
- Title – Title of the program automatically provided by 'TV'. This can be edited.
- Chapter tab – this indicates the number of chapters created within a program.
- Save – saves your edited program to your Workspace.
What is a chapter break?
A chapter break is a split that is placed in a program. Breaks are represented by the addition of a thin vertical line in the blue editing bar of the ClickView Cloud Video Editor. These breaks create chapters.
To edit a program in ClickView Cloud Video Editor, you will be required to place chapters (made with breaks) within the program using the blue editing bar.
Insert a break
If you wish to add a break, move your time indicator on the blue editing bar to the desired point in time in the program, and press “Insert break.” The resulting segments are called chapters and you'll see chapters appear within the Chapter window.
Delete a break
If you wish to delete a break, click on the break you wish to remove within the editing bar, and press "Delete break”. Deleting the break will delete the chapter from the chapters tab.
Rename a chapter
Go to the Chapters tab, click on the chapter name and enter new chapter name. These new names will be saved when you save your program.
Delete a chapter
You can delete a chapter by clicking on it within the Chapters tab. An 'X' will appear in the chapter box and clicking it will remove the chapter and associated break point. You can also remove from the Time Bar by double clicking on the chapter you wish to remove.
If your program has commercials, and you wish to remove them, you will be required to add a break at the start and end of each set of commercial and delete the resulting chapter.
To remove a commercial:
- Place breaks on the light blue editing bar at the start and end of each of the commercials.
- Delete the resulting chapter by either double clicking on the chapter, making the text in the chapter tab become crossed out, or click the 'X' in the chapter box within the Chapter tab
- Repeat process with any other commercials.
- Rename the remaining blue chapters to identify what is occurring within the section of the program you wish to keep.
5. Save the edited program by clicking the 'Save' button.
After you save an edited program from ClickView Cloud Editor, it will appear in My Videos after a short processing time. Processing time depends on the number of edits made. Fewer edits means a quicker processing time.
From My Videos you can play the program, edit unedited programs, create links, embed, download the program or add to Playlists.