ClickView will allow users to select the video quality (or resolution) to best suit your needs. A higher resolution will give more clarity and definition so may be required for videos being played through an interactive whiteboard, where as videos being played on individual devices in a classroom, may be able to use a lower quality resolution. Customers with lower internet speeds will benefit from a lower resolution video.
How can I change the video quality?
1. The resolution of video titles in ClickView can be easily changed on the fly, from within the video player:
2. Click on the settings icon, and then 'Quality':
3. The current quality of video playback will be highlighted. Simply click on a different resolution option and the video will play in your selected choice:
Is there a default for video quality?
ClickView administrators can apply a default resolution for all videos. The resolution can be changed to suit whilst watching individual videos, by following the steps above.
1. Within ClickView, click on your avatar in the top right of the screen, and select 'Settings' from the drop down menu.
2. From the settings screen, click on 'Video playback' from the School Management options:
Administrators of the institution can set the resolution to default of either 'Low' (up to 480p), 'Standard' (720p) or 'High' (1080p).
If your institute uses Local Cache, the default video quality can also be chosen.