Not every video needs to be watched from the very beginning all the way to the very end, and this is where the Clips feature can be very handy. This feature will allow both students and teachers to cut and extract part of a video which they can share and view without all the unnecessary parts.
Accessing the Clipping Function
The clipping function can be accessed in two separate ways, either via the options menu next to the video title as displayed below:
Or via the navigation bar that is underneath the web player when playing a video, as displayed in the image below:
Creating a Clip
To create a clip, first open the clipping function by either of the options outlined above. Then follow these steps:
- Change the start and end time of the clip by filling out the 'Start At'/'End At' fields. You could also drag the starting and ending points of the blue bar in the video timeline.
Once you have selected the section you want to clip, click the 'Next" button.
- A new window will then pop up, and this is where you will fill out the name and description of the clip. Once the fields have been filled, click the "Create clip" button:
- Once the clip has been created, you will now be able to share the clip by selecting the
"Share" button below the video player:
4. Choose who you wish to share your clip with by filling out the search field. Alternatively, you can share the video as a link or embed it to a page:
5. A clip that is created will be automatically saved within the 'My Videos' Page:
6. Like any video, you have the option to easily add your clip to a playlist or share it. Clicking on the three dots icon will allow you manage your clip further:
|Move Video allows you to move the physical location of where the clip is stored. This is useful if you have multiple folders within your 'My Videos' screen
|Turn your Clip into an interactive by clicking the 'Make interactive' link.
|You can view the original video that your clip was created from.
|View usage analytics for your clip by clicking on 'View usage'
|You can edit you clip to change the duration and/or details
|Manage video access to restrict your clip to particular year levels
|Delete your clip