Clever integration is two-part – Application assignment and sharing permissions. In this guide, we will show the simplest way to integrate ClickView through Clever.
Adding the ClickView Application
2. Using the filters at the top of the page, you can search for the ClickView application by:
- Type (e.g. Rostering, SSO, Free)
- Subject(e.g. Assessment, Communication, Math, Reading)
- Name(e.g. ClickView)
3. Once you locate the ClickView application, select 'Install now'.
4. Once installed, you will be prompted to authorize the request of the application. You will need to first:
- Select whether or not your district has already purchased the application or would like to try a free trial of the app (if applicable).
- Select a preferred Launch Date for the application. Please note:
- The Custom Launch Date you enter is a suggested or preferred date of launch that may later be updated by the application partner if it is not feasible. Please contact app partners directly to adjust app Launch Dates. The Launch Date is the date the app will become available to all shared district users in their Clever portals.
- Once you've made the appropriate selections, select 'Request application' to submit the request to the application provider.
The application has now been requested! Please see this article to understand the application's status as it progresses to the Launch Date.
Application sharing permissions
Once ClickView has approved your connection to the application, you will need to follow the steps outlined in this guide to set up your sharing permissions for the first time.
At any time after the application has been connected, district admins can add or modify the app sharing permissions to determine what district data should be shared with the app, and which district users should have access to the application from their Clever Portals after the Launch Date. The options available are:
- Share by District: All district data in Clever will be synced to the application. This includes district admins, schools, teachers, students, staff and sections.
- Share by Schools: Clever will only share any data associated with the schools you've selected (e.g. students, teachers, sections, staff).
- Share by Rules: Clever will only share data that meets the specific criteria you've set. This is the most recommended sharing type as it provides districts with the flexibility in determining specifically what data should be included, or excluded, in the sharing. Read this articleto learn more about how to Share by Rules!
- School Site Sharing: If your district has designated School Tech Leadsin Clever, you can provide them with the ability to configure application sharing permissions for their associated schools. More info here!
- Copy Sharing: This option will copy the same sharing permissions from another application that has already been set up.
Applications will not have access to any district data in Clever that has not been specifically shared with them via the application sharing permissions. Please visit this article for detailed instructions.
What's my application's status?
Below are the possible application statuses:
Requested: We are currently waiting on the application's team to accept your request and proceed with the implementation. If you need to expedite the request process, please reach out to the application provider directly as Clever does not have insight into their review and acceptance process.
Waiting On Approval: We are still waiting for the application's team to accept your request and proceed with the implementation. District admins can select the 'Remind App' option to the right of the application name from the Clever Home page to remind the application partner of the request.
No Data Shared: The next step is yours! Complete the setup guide to enable data sharing with the application.
No Credentials Set: The next step is yours! For SSO (Saved Passwords) apps, you will need to set up your district users' login credential requirements for the application. Please see this article for details.
Setting Up: Hang tight! The application partner is preparing your district for launch. Users will not be able to access the application until the Launch Date. If you need to expedite the setup process, please reach out to the application partner directly.
Launched: Your integration is live! If the application supports SSO, the application is available to users in the Clever Portal.
If you have any questions regarding the adding of the ClickView application or the sharing permissions, please contact the Clever support team, who will be happy to help!